Dates: Sep 7, 2022
Times:10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sociodrama is an action method that provides a safe space for participants to explore social issues through role playing, so they may develop deeper insight and compassion for themselves and others. While we follow the same triadic system as Psychodrama – of warm up, action and sharing – Sociodrama allows us to step out of our own personal stories and into the shoes of others, so we can experience the world from their perspective. Join us for this one of a kind training where participants will learn the basics of effective Sociodrama for Social Change, so they may then begin to envision how to bring it into their communities.
This virtual training, which will be focused on race, will provide an opportunity to experience and participate in a Sociodrama and observe how to direct. Due to the limited time involved in the training, there will not be opportunities for student directing.
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION:
Wednesday, September 7, 2021
10:00am – 1:00 pm PT
On Zoom (link for the workshop will be sent the week of the training)
Other Time Zones
11:00am – 2:00 pm MT
12:00 – 3:00 pm CT
1:00 – 4:00 pm ET
$75 (special discounted rate)
CEUs are available for an additional $10
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER:
Please visit www.braveheartretreats.com or e-mail email@example.com
Limited to 12 participants, so please register early!
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Course meets the qualifications for a total of 2.75 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CAMFT approved CE Provider #1000127. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0224 for 2.75 CEHs. Approved for 2.75 CEHs for Psychodrama and for Experiential Professionals (ISEP). Please visit our website at www.braveheartretreats.com for cancellation and grievance policies, educational goals, special needs accommodation and information regarding issuance of course completion documents.
Please visit our FAQ page for information on special needs accommodation, our cancellation/grievance policy, and course completion document issuance.
1. Participants will be educated on the benefits of using Sociodrama for Social Change.
2. Participants will be educated on how to warm up a group to Sociodrama.
3. Participants will be educated on how to enroll people in a Sociodrama.
4. Participants will be educated on Sociodrama techniques such as doubling and role reversal.
5. Participants will be educated on the rationale for de-roling and sharing with Sociodrama participants.
1. Participants will be able to identify at least one benefit of using Sociodrama for Social Change.
2. Participants will be able to identify at least one warm up to use with a group for Sociodrama.
3. Participants will be able to identify at least one technique to enroll people in Sociodrama.
4. Participants will be able to identify and facilitate at least one Sociodrama technique.
5. Participants will be able to identify 1 rationale for de-roling and sharing with Sociodrama participants.
Registration is closed for this event.