Dates: Feb 19, 2022 - Feb 20, 2022
Times:9:30 am - 5:00 pm
1849 Sawtelle Ave Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90025
This ongoing training group meets 3 times a year for 3 days each time, and is open to all helping professionals. Participants will learn the techniques of Sociometry, Psychodrama and Group Psychotherapy, and practice new skills that can be applied to their current clientele. Together we will co-create a space of safety, confidentiality, and connection to allow group members to pursue both personal and professional growth.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Engaging and motivating clients
- Helping clients connect to self and others
- Increasing attunement with clients
- Building group cohesion
- Dealing with conflict in group
Most professionals who train in psychodrama do not go on to pursue certification but are keen to learn effective techniques that they can ethically practice with their clients. This group is open to therapists, counselors, interventionists, bodyworkers, treatment center front-line staff, coaches, teachers, doctors, nurses, attorneys or anyone working in the helping professional who can benefit from utilizing action methods in their work.
Because those of us working in the helping professions find it difficult to find safe spaces in which to do our own work, this group also serves as a place to do that. When training in psychodrama, students direct each other in personal growth psychodramas, allowing for healing and transformation for everyone. Great care is taken to build strong safety, and a commitment to confidentiality is made each time the group meets. Group members have found the group invaluable in pursuing both their personal and professional work and in having an ongoing community of like-minded practitioners with whom they can continue to walk the path of healing and recovery.
Group members must make an initial 3 consecutive group commitment to THIS group to start (including financially). Group closure must be done over 2 consecutive weekends.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
This course meets the qualifications for a total of 19.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. CAMFT approved CE Provider #1000127. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0222 for 19.5 CEHs. Approved for 19.5 CEHs available for Experiential Therapy (ISEP) and Psychodrama.
Please visit our FAQ page for information on special needs accommodation, our cancellation/grievance policy, and and course completion document issuance.
$500 per weekend
There is a $10 charge per group for CEUs for California LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, CAADAC/CCAPP, CET or Psychodrama.
2022 DATES, TIMES AND LOCATION:
February 19-20, 2022
1849 Sawtelle Blvd, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025
9:30 am – 5:00 pm each dayUpcoming Dates: September 16-18, 2022; December 9-11, 2022
2023 dates TBD by group consensus
Due to the on-going Covid-19 crisis, until further notice all in person workshops with BraveHeart Retreats are open to fully vaccinated (including a booster shot if it has been 6 months since your last vaccine) individuals only. Proof of vaccination is required before group begins. Participants are asked to arrive 30 minutes early each day as we will be conducting rapid antigen testing. If anyone either tests positive for Covid-19 or has illness symptoms, we ask that you not return for the remainder of the workshop and a credit will be given towards a future workshop for time missed. Specifics on testing and any potential related cost will be communicated a week or two prior to the workshop as it is based upon availability. Mask requirements will be dependent on local ordinance and communicated prior to group.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER:
Please call 310-744-5257 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ongoing Educational Goals For This Training Group:
- Participants will learn effective sociometric interventions they can use in their own clinical work.
- Participants will learn effective psychodramatic techniques they can use in their own clinical work
- Participants will learn about stages of group work (Forming, norming, storming, performing, adjourning) and which sociometric and psychodramatic techniques are applicable in each.
- Participants will learn the basic structure of warm up, action and sharing in a psychodrama session
- Participants will learn important ethical considerations in the use of both sociometry and psychodrama.
- Participants will learn the applicability of using of action methods is in the treament of addiction.
- Participants will learn the applicability of using of action methods in the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will learn the Stages of Change model and learn sociometric and psychodramatic interventions that are helpful in each stage.
Ongoing Educational Objectives For This Training Group:
- Participants will be able to identify 3 appropriate sociometric interventions they can use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will identify 1 psychodramatic technique that would be appropriate to use with their clients for engagement.
- Participants will be able to name all 3 components of the triadic system of psychodrama.
- Participants will be able to name the stages of group work.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for each stage of group work.
- Participants will be able to name 2 clinical tools they can use to help maintain ethics and safety in their clinical practice while utilizing action methods.
- Participants will be able to name the each stage in the Stages of Change model.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention for the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 psychodramatic intervention for the treatment of codependency.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 1 sociometric intervention to be used when working with the 12-Steps in Action.
A personal interview with our CEO, Jean Campbell, LCSW, TEP, is required before joining any ongoing training group. If you are interested in joining this group, please fill out the form below to begin the process.