Dates: Aug 14, 2020
Times:9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Clients can arrive in our offices and in treatment centers feeling anxious, overwhelmed and/or resentful, and often have difficulty engaging in therapy or counseling. Many would label them as “resistant,” but in sociometry and psychodrama, we focus on their inadequate warm up, and facilitate action methods exercises to help them engage and step into the process.
In this half-day online training for professionals – co-sponsored by BraveHeart Retreats and Action Institute of California – participants will learn specific techniques to help clients warm up to change and engage in the therapeutic process. Through the use of sociometry and psychodrama, clients can be helped to lower their anxiety, build support and connections and practice new, more effective life skills that can help them move forward in healthier ways.
August 14, 2020
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Online Via Zoom
(CEUs are available for an additional $10.)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-744-5257 with any questions.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
Course meets the qualifications for a total of 4.0 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. CAMFT approved CE Provider #123417. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0222 for 4.0 CEH’S. Approved for 4.0 CEHs for Psychodrama and for Experiential Professionals (ISEP).
Action Institute of California is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs and/or LEPs. Action Institute of California maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Please visit our FAQ page for cancellation and grievance policies, educational goals, special needs accommodation, and information regarding issuance of course completion documents.
1. Participants will learn about the importance of warm up to engage clients.
2. Participants will learn sociometric techniques to help clients engage and warm up to change.
3. Participants will learn psychodramatic techniques to help clients engage and warm up to change.
4. Participants will learn about the Stages of Change model.
1. Participants will be able to identify 2 aspects of the importance of warm up to engage clients.
2. Participants will be able to identify 2 sociometric techniques to help engage clients and warm up to change.
3. Participants will be able to identify 2 psychodramatic techniques to help engage clients and warm up to change.
4. Participants will be able to identify at least 2 stages in the Stages of Change model.
Registration is closed for this event.