Dates: Aug 20, 2021
Times:10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Catharsis represents the climax of the psychodrama, and allows the protagonist to opportunity to complete an “act hunger” and release formerly unexpressed emotion – or blocked spontaneity. The protagonist’s catharsis is helped along by the use of role demands being placed by auxiliaries, and by the use of maximization.
In this sixth virtual training in the Psychodrama Nuts and Bolts Series, we will develop a greater understanding of role demands – when and why to use them; how they contribute to the protagonist’s catharsis – as well as using auxiliaries to build towards catharsis. In addition, we will explore how to best facilitate catharsis, including somatic support, even when working virtually.
DATE, TIME AND LOCATION:
Friday, August 20th, 2021
10:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
Other Time Zones
11:00 am – 1:00 pm MT
12:00 – 2:00 pm CT
1:00 – 3:00 pm ET
(Single class in the Nuts and Bolts Series is $65; 3 or more classes are $60 each; Entire series is $55 per class)
IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR MULTIPLE CLASSES, PLEASE CLICK ON MAIL PAYMENT WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR EACH CLASS, AND WE WILL ISSUE YOU AN INVOICE. (Payment can then be made via Zelle, check or e-check)
There is an additional charge for CEUs for California LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, CAADAC/CCAPP, CET or Psychodrama. ($10 per class for a single class in the Nuts and Bolts Series; 3 or more classes, CEUs are $7.50; Entire series is $5 per class for CEUs)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER:
Please e-mail email@example.com or call 310-744-5257.
PLEASE NOTE: this webinar will be recorded for future use.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
Course meets the qualifications for a total of 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for California LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. CAMFT approved CE Provider #123417. Provider approved by CCAPP-EI, Provider Number 2N-10-135-0222 for 2.0 CEH’S. Approved for 2.0 CEHs for Psychodrama and for Experiential Professionals (ISEP).
Please visit our FAQ page for information on special needs accommodation, our cancellation/grievance policy, and course completion document issuance.
1. Participants will be educated on the use of role demands to build the psychodrama towards catharsis.
2. Participants will be educated on the use of maximization to facilitate the protagonist’s catharsis.
3. Participants will be educated on ways to facilitate an effective catharsis, even when working virtually.
1. Participants will be able to identify at least one technique of using role demands to build towards catharsis.
2. Participants will be able to identify at least one technique for maximization to facilitate catharsis.
3. Participants will be able to identify at least one way t0 facilitate an effective catharsis.